We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a text file (known as a “cookie”) which is stored on your device. Cookies contain information about your use of our services. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to our Site.
Our cookies fall into three broad categories:
- Essential cookies – These cookies are necessary for the technical operation of our Site. For example, they are used to identify users who have logged into and out of our Site. When you close your browser, these cookies are deleted.
- Information cookies – These cookies are used for the purposes of recording information about how you use our Site, in accordance with this Policy. This information is used to analyse the URLs from which you arrive at our Site, to determine which pages and features within the Site are popular, and to deliver an improved service to you.
All cookies we serve through our Site will expire once they are no longer required, and in any event after a maximum of 2 years.